April 26, 2019

Humanless customer interactions

Back

We live in a rapidly changing world. Technologies, capabilities and expectations are growing at a fast pace. Expectations are now a key driver of requests and innovations. Automation is one of the ways in which businesses are trying to satisfy consumer’ demands for quick and relevant responses. According to a  study 80% of millennials find calling customer services highly inconvenient, and 82% of would abandon a brand aft...er three negative experiences. Thanks to the development of IBM Watson and SaaS apps it is estimated that by 2020 nearly 85% of all customer service interactions will be handled without the involvement of a human agent. Businesses offer chatbot services to provide customers with an online response 24/7. According to a 2018 Spiceworks report, 29% of organisations have implemented one or more AI chatbots/intelligent assistant solutions for work-related tasks or plan to do so in 2019. Nearly a quarter (24%) of large businesses (> 500 employees) already use chatbots or AI and a further 16% plan to implement such solutions (total 40%). The expansion of AI and chatbot-based customer service is driven by a desire to meet consumer expectations and cut expenditure on customer service. Yet in 2016 an Accenture survey of US consumers found that 83% preferred dealing with a human. In some cases chatbots may be useless. In order to avoid clients’ becoming irritated during an unsatisfactory interaction with a chatbot businesses need to be able to detect these situations and offer an easy way of contacting a human assistant. We need a rational balance of automation and human agent presence.

http://Desk.com/

Copyright © AdsHeads 2016-2019 | All Rights Reserved